Apply to work at GBS
- Posted on: 25th January 2022
- Location: Home Based with occasional travel to head office as required
- Salary: £
- Contract: Permanent
- Work closely with Directors to implement change and ensure company vision and objectives are achieved.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of trainers and skills coaches monitoring staff performance and identifying areas for improvement through the OTLA process.
- To lead an annual programme of observations of teaching, learning and assessment and a plan to continue to strive to achieve Outstanding status in all areas of teaching, learning and assessment.
- To Support the Director of Operations and head of quality in identifying trainers and skills coaches Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to reach outstanding grades on observations.
- With the Director of Operations and Head of Quality to ensure effective working relationships with EPA’s and awarding bodies.
- Plan with the Head of Quality to deliver and manage the internal moderation process and facilitate standardisation meetings for all L&D trainers and skills coaches, reviewing and disseminating good practice.
- To support the head of delivery in identifying suitable team members for specific projects and programme delivery plans.
- Update and police policies for the delivery of the curriculum, teaching and learning, including functional skills and work-based learning are implemented fully within the curriculum area.
- Working with colleagues you will support the preparation for standards verification and external quality assurance visits; monitor and benchmark against published best practice and track progress against agreed action plans
- Manage the process of identification of new and existing qualifications and programmes as required in agreement with the Director of Operations.
- To undertake new curriculum initiatives and develop the programme content and relevant resources accordingly in line with EPA where appropriate. Develop, review and update the current and new curriculum provision in line with employer demand, government updates and GBS targets.
- Support the Head of Quality to seek relevant external accreditations to support the growth and professionalism of the wider business (IIP, Matrix reaccreditation, awarding body accreditation, ISO, etc.)
- To Support external and internal audits including ESFA, employer lead, Prime audits and Ofsted inspections, etc.
- Maintain a caseload of learners with direct responsibility as their skills coach/trainer where required.
- Cover sickness and annual leave of trainers for delivery of sessions.
Safeguarding and Prevent Responsibilities:
In partnership with (and in the absence of) the SMT the post holder will Support the following:
- Ensure the setting is meeting its legal and statutory requirements including the Prevent Duty
- Undertake Prevent awareness training and lead on this for your own team with the support of the Head of Quality
- Referring cases to the Safeguarding Lead where there is a radicalisation concern as required.
- Support staff who make referrals to the Channel programme
- Undertaking an annual review and if needed updating safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- Make sure safeguarding policies and procedures are fully implemented and followed by staff, learners and volunteers within your team
- Provide support, supervision and advice for any staff member, learner or volunteer with a safeguarding or child protection concern
- Keep own training up to date
- Ensure safeguarding induction is provided for new staff, learners and volunteers within your team
- Ensure that all staff have been trained and a register is kept of staff who have completed safeguarding and child protection training
- Keep all staff, learners and volunteers informed of good practice and new legislation and guidance
- Have an understanding of the referral procedures and know how to contact and establish links with local authorities or police
- Support the SMT Safeguarding leads to liaise with and make referrals to appropriate agencies about learners where there are safeguarding concerns, including the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Supporting the collection of data for the SMT to submit regular safeguarding reports to the board/trustees including safer recruitment
- Reporting and supporting with allegations against staff to the safeguarding Lead.
- To lead and manage with regard to, and in promotion of, Health, Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent requirements as laid down in the organisational policy and statutory obligations
- Ensure compliance with the organisation’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- You will have previous experience of working within the education sector
- Demonstrate genuine commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- You will have an enthusiasm and passion to make a difference to your team
- You will inspire, motivate and direct team members to the highest level of performance
- You will have the ability to analyse data and interpret it into key actions to inform planning and improvements
- You must be able to work independently and deliver against stringent deadlines
- You will have a full driving license and be able to travel within the given geography
- You will ideally have good experience of using the full Microsoft packages and a willingness and aptitude to learn bespoke IT packages – any experience of using One File and PIC’s systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Teaching qualification at PTTLS or equivalent
- Qualified candidates will have either D34/V1/IQA / D32/D33/A1/TAQA/CAVA and have experience delivering and verifying full Apprenticeship frameworks and standards and stand-alone qualifications out in the workplace.
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Hold a quality assurance qualification to a minimum level 4 standard
- Experience of working within the FE sector, in particular, knowledge of Apprenticeships
- Experience of working in a quality management role
- Management/team leading experience
- There is a requirement to pass an Enhanced DBS check – the cost of the DBS check is covered by GBS an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy
- Job Title – Delivery Manager
- Reporting to: Head of Performance
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week
- From time to time as the business needs, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Time off in lieu will ordinarily be granted but if this is not possible, paid overtime may be authorised by the CEO.
- Site: Home Based with occasional travel to head office as required.
- Direct Reports: Trainers/Skills Coaches
All employees have a duty to recognise and carry out all safeguarding responsibilities within their role and work within the KCSIE2021 document guidelines.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.”
- Applications Forms/ CV must be full and up to date – gaps will be investigated at interview
- Enhanced DBS disclosure and criminal record self-disclosure is required to be completed
- All references will be taken up and referees asked if there is any reason why the candidate shouldn’t hold a post with substantial access to children/vulnerable adults
- For details of our safeguarding procedures please read the safeguarding policy on our website https://gbsapprenticeships.co.uk
- Enclose full Job Description in advert