Apply to work at GBS
- Posted on: 25th January 2022
- Location: Home/Head Office
- Salary: £
- Contract: Permanent
- Plan and deliver Employability Sessions in a classroom and online environment.
- To prepare and review session plans, schemes of work, teaching and learning materials, using initial assessments and marked work to take into account the learners’ individual needs.
- To improve learners’ experience through the development of teaching methods and strategies.
- Embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the curriculum.
- Prepare learners for examinations to gain the appropriate qualifications (if required)
- Continually monitor and review learners’ progress and support through tutorials.
- Assist in the writing, design and development of curriculum through planning time and standardisation meetings.
- Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress.
- To consistently deliver an ‘outstanding’ standard of teaching and learning.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork in line with GBS Apprenticeships procedures and awarding bodies.
- Offer IAG on further learning and progression opportunities.
- To promote GBS Apprenticeship’s courses to potential candidates and employers.
- Progress candidates into work, apprenticeships, working closely with the Recruitment and Business Development Teams.
- Assist in meeting company targets, retention, progression, and achievement of all learners.
- Take part in evaluating the company provision for the Self-Assessment Report against the Education Inspection Framework criteria.
- Promote and comply with GBS Apprenticeships policies and procedures.
- Act on feedback from observations from teaching and learning and internal and external verifying visits.
- Undertake necessary training to professionally develop and keep abreast with current practices and legislation within the sector.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Undertake any other routine task, as required by senior members of the team.
Safeguarding and Prevent Responsibilities:
- Ensure the setting is meeting its legal and statutory requirements including the Prevent Duty
- Undertake Prevent awareness training
- Referring cases to the Safeguarding Lead where there is a radicalisation concern as required.
- Provide support to learners with a safeguarding or child protection concern
- Keep own training up to date
- Ensure safeguarding induction is provided for learners
- Ensure compliance with the organisation’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- You will have previous experience of working within the education sector
- Demonstrate genuine commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- You will have an enthusiasm and passion to make a difference
- You must be able to work independently and deliver against stringent deadlines
- You will have a full driving license and be able to travel within the given geography
- You will ideally have good experience of using the full Microsoft packages and a willingness and aptitud to learn bespoke IT packages
- Teaching qualification at PTTLS or equivalent
- Preferred Assessor Qualification
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Experience of working within the FE sector, in particular, knowledge of Traineeships.
- There is a requirement to pass an Enhanced DBS check – the cost of the DBS check is covered by GBS an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy.
- Job Title – Employability Trainer
- Reporting to: Head of Performance
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week
- From time to time as the business needs, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Time off in lieu will ordinarily be granted but if this is not possible, paid overtime may be authorised by the CEO.
- Site: Home/Head Office
All employees have a duty to recognise and carry out all safeguarding responsibilities within their role and work within the KCSIE2021 document guidelines.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.”
- Applications Forms/ CV must be full and up to date – gaps will be investigated at interview
- Enhanced DBS disclosure and criminal record self-disclosure is required to be completed
- All references will be taken up and referees asked if there is any reason why the candidate shouldn’t hold a post with substantial access to children/vulnerable adults
- For details of our safeguarding procedures please read the safeguarding policy on our website https://gbsapprenticeships.co.uk
- Enclose full Job Description in advert