Apply to work at GBS
- Posted on: 25th January 2022
- Location: Home Based with occasional travel to head office as required
- Salary: £35000
- Contract: Permanent
- To Internal Quality Assure assessment decisions and to manage the quality of apprenticeship and traineeship delivery, ensuring national standards are maintained and assessment needs of candidates are being met.
- To identify and address learning and development needs of Assessors, including realistic target dates for the achievement of Qualification for unqualified Assessors.
- Support the centre Development of a verification sampling strategy to include: Formative Sampling, Summative Sampling and QA – Including Employer and Learner interviews and Assessor Observations.
- Development of a system to monitor assessment practice and maintain standardisation of assessment judgement, ensuring assessors make valid decisions and candidates are assessed fairly.
- Maintain centre files and up to date records relating to Assessors and Internal Verification carried out.
- Support the centre with the preparation of data for EV visits and follow-up of action plans within specified timescales.
- Maintaining records for inspection purposes
- Undertake Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent check/calls for learners on programme when required.
- Maintain an annual record of CPD, minimum of 30 hours (pro rata).
- Support the centre with conducting staff OTLA’s and providing tutors with support and developmental plans to improve quality of delivery.
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Attend and participate in meetings within the team, as required.
- Additional duties appropriate to the post.
Safeguarding and Prevent Responsibilities:
- Ensure the setting is meeting its legal and statutory requirements including the Prevent Duty
- Undertake Prevent awareness training and lead on this for your own team with the support of the centre.
- To lead on Health, Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent requirements as laid down in the organisational policy and statutory obligations.
- Ensure compliance with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Reporting to: Operations Director
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week
- From time to time as the business needs, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Time off in lieu will ordinarily be granted but if this is not possible, paid overtime may be authorised by the CEO.
- Site: Home Based with occasional travel to head office as required.
All employees have a duty to recognise and carry out all safeguarding responsibilities within their role and work within the KCSIE2021 document guidelines.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.”
- Applications Forms/ CV must be full and up to date – gaps will be investigated at interview
- Enhanced DBS disclosure and criminal record self-disclosure is required to be completed
- All references will be taken up and referees asked if there is any reason why the candidate shouldn’t hold a post with substantial access to children/vulnerable adults
- For details of our safeguarding procedures please read the safeguarding policy on our website https://gbsapprenticeships.co.uk
- Enclose full Job Description in advert
- Teaching qualification at PTTLS or equivalent
- Qualified candidates will have either D34/V1/IQA / D32/D33/A1/TAQA/CAVA and have experience delivering and verifying full Apprenticeship frameworks and standards and stand-alone qualifications out in the workplace.
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Hold a quality assurance qualification to a minimum level 4 standard
- Experience of working within the FE sector, in particular, knowledge of Apprenticeships
- Experience of working in a quality management role
- Management/team leading experience
- There is a requirement to pass an Enhanced DBS check – the cost of the DBS check is covered by GBS an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy.
- You will have previous experience of working within the education sector
- Demonstrate genuine commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- You will have an enthusiasm and passion to make a difference to your team
- You will inspire, motivate and direct team members to the highest level of performance
- You will have the ability to analyse data and interpret it into key actions to inform planning and improvements
- You must be able to work independently and deliver against stringent deadlines
- You will have a full driving license and be able to travel within the given geography
- You will ideally have good experience of using the full Microsoft packages and a willingness and aptitude to learn bespoke IT packages – any experience of using One File and PIC’s systems would be a distinct advantage