Apply to work at GBS
Professional Services Trainer/Skills Coach
- Posted on: 05th April 2022
- Location: Chesterfield S40
- Salary: £28000
- Contract: Permanent
To motivate, support and progress a caseload of learners to achieve identified outcomes and qualifications within the agreed timeframes. To ensure all delivery practices meet the requirements of both internal and external quality and compliance frameworks. To provide an excellent service and contribution to building long-term relationships with employers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver High quality training sessions to support students in developing the relevant occupational knowledge for team leading, Business Administration, Customer Service.
- Performing the role of skills coach in accordance with apprenticeship standards and EPA assessments strategy.
- Providing initial advice and guidance to all potential learners where required to support the implementation team.
- Carrying out thorough enrolment and induction with all new learners.
- Developing and agreeing an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) with all learners based on the individual learner’s needs.
- Provide effective learning and development activities in the form of workshops, webinars, one to ones etc.
- Providing effective and regular support to learners.
- Motivating learners and raising their aspirations to ensure success.
- Completing all required documentation, learner evidence, administration and maintaining own comprehensive records as required by the Quality and Delivery Team Standards.
- Ensuring correct off the job and guided learning hours (GLHs) required for each learner are recorded and evidenced inline with delivery plans and ILPs.
- Facilitating and supporting training to learners and, where appropriate, preparing, delivering and evaluating training to individuals/groups.
- Providing 1-1 coaching and support to learners.
- Supporting the achievement of key/functional skills and, where appropriate, delivering key/functional skills and/or other key/functional skills qualifications as required.
- Contributing to the researching and development of learning materials to support the achievement of target outcomes, as appropriate.
- Contributing to the external quality assurance process where required.
- Attending team meetings as and when required to do so.
- Advising your line manager of resource requirements.
- Providing regular written and verbal reports to the line manager on learner progress.
- Co-ordinating appointments efficiently and effectively, working flexibly to meet the learner and business needs when required.
- Travelling as and when required in line with the requirements of the business.
- Promoting a positive image of GBS and the work that is carried out across its various services.
- Demonstrating flexibility in responding to changing demands in personal, sectional or the teams workload.
- Supporting new business, including attending promotional events and marketing activities as requested.
- Developing proactive working relationships with employers and their learners
- Contributing to the internal verification and quality assurance activity including standardisation.
- Contributing to the self-assessment process and updates for the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Contributing to the delivery of GBS business plan where required
- Take responsibility for one’s own professional development and continually update as necessary, participating in appropriate staff development activities as required or requested by the business.
- Promote a positive image of GBS and the work that is carried out across its various services.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Apply the Safeguarding Policy and practices and attend training as requested.
- Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices. The post holder is expected to comply with and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of your duties and responsibilities.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job.
- Take an active role in the health, safety and welfare of students and staff, attending training and carrying out health and safety related activities as appropriate to the role.
- Following and adhering to all the operational procedures within GBS.
- Ensure compliance with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy.
All employees have a duty to recognise and carry out all safeguarding responsibilities within their role and work within the KCSIE2021 document guidelines.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.”
- Applications Forms/ CV must be full and up to date – gaps will be investigated at interview
- Enhanced DBS disclosure and criminal record self-disclosure is required to be completed
- All references will be taken up and referees asked if there is any reason why the candidate shouldn’t hold a post with substantial access to children/vulnerable adults
- For details of our safeguarding procedures please read the safeguarding policy on our website https://gbsapprenticeships.co.uk
- Enclose full Job Description in advert
- Minimum of a level 3 teaching qualification preferred or willing to work towards
- Competency/knowledge qualification in relevant subject area of apprenticeship delivery.
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Management/team leading experience for Management trainer/skills coach
- Assessor qualification
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship standards
- Experience of working within the FE sector, in particular, knowledge of Apprenticeships
- Experience of supporting learners through functional skills in both maths and English
- You will have previous experience of working within the education sector
- Demonstrate genuine commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- You will have an enthusiasm and passion to make a difference to your team
- You will inspire, motivate and direct team members to highest level of performance
- You will have the ability to analyse data and interpret into key actions to inform planning and improvements
- You must be able to work independently and deliver against stringent deadlines
- You will have a full driving license and bale to travel within the given geography
- You will ideally have good experience of using the full Microsoft packages and a willingness and aptitude
- To learn bespoke IT packages – any experience of using One File and ELMS systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Qualified candidates will have either D34/V1/IQA or D32/D33/A1/TAQA/CAVA and have experience verifying full Apprenticeship standards and stand alone and qualifications out in the workplace.
- There is a requirement to pass an Enhanced DBS check – the cost of the DBS check is covered by GBS an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy.