Apply for this apprenticeship
Business Administration Apprentice
- Posted on: 31st May 2022
- Location: Manchester M3
- Salary: £5.00 per hour
GBS Apprenticeships are recruiting for a freight clearance company that specialises in supporting businesses with both existing international trade clearance and new EU clearance requirements. With an extensive network of overseas agents, they are able to arrange collections or delivery of freight worldwide, by any mode of transport. They offer competitive rates, cargo tracking and their experienced team are there to guide you through every step of the process. They also offer a 24-hour service, 7 days a week and they specialise in all modes of transport and have links at all major ports across the United Kingdom.
About The Role
They are looking for someone to join their growing Manchester based team and undertake a Business Administration Apprenticeship. The job involves raising job files, making safety & security declarations, raising basic customs declarations and liaising with clients, predominantly for road imports and exports between the UK and Europe. This is an excellent opportunity to gain an apprenticeship whilst working with a lovely team with a great culture.
- Read, understand and verify commercial paperwork for customs purposes
- Raise job files (identify job type, importer, exporter and client)
- Transmission of safety & security declarations
- Completion of basic customs import and export entries
- Answering the phone and responding to customer enquiries
- Monitoring inbox and replying by email to clients
- Responding to requests in a timely manner
- Invoicing and file closure
All employees have a duty to recognise and carry out all safeguarding responsibilities within their role and work within the KCSIE2021 document guidelines.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- Applications Forms/ CV must be full and up to date – gaps will be investigated at interview
- All references will be taken up and referees asked if there is any reason why the candidate shouldn’t hold a post with substantial access to children/vulnerable adults
- Enclose full Job Description in advert
Salary, Contract Term and Employee Benefits
£5 per hour
Working hours: Shift pattern
The Apprenticeship Standard is Level 3 Business Administration
Reference ID: GBSAF123
- 5 GCSE (9*-4/A*-C) (or equivalent) including English and maths
- Good standard of practical application of literacy and numeracy
- Professional conduct and communication skills
- Proactive and willing to use initiative
- Data input in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Complete training quickly and efficiently