Apply for this apprenticeship
Business Administration Apprentice
- Posted on: 08th September 2021
- Location: Manchester M3
- Salary: £5.00 per hour
GBS Apprenticeships are recruiting for a freight clearance company that specialises in supporting businesses with both existing international trade clearance and new EU clearance requirements. With an extensive network of overseas agents, they are able to arrange collections or delivery of freight worldwide, by any mode of transport. They offer competitive rates, cargo tracking and their experienced team are there to guide you through every step of the process. They also offer a 24-hour service, 7 days a week and they specialise in all modes of transport and have links at all major ports across the United Kingdom.
About The Role
They are looking for someone to join the team as a business administrator to carry out administrative work on behalf of two directors to free their time so they can spend the maximum amount of time on strategic tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to gain an apprenticeship whilst working with a lovely team with a great culture.
- Acting as first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the directors
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- Organising events
- Reminding the directors of important tasks and deadlines
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Managing databases and filing systems
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Collating and filing expenses
- Miscellaneous tasks to support their manager, such as running personal errands, admin tasks, coffee runs etc.
Salary, Contract Term and Employee Benefits
£5 per hour
9am till 5pm Monday to Friday
The Apprenticeship Standard is Level 3 Business Administration
Reference ID: GBSAF034.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Grade A-C in English and Maths at GCSE Level or equivalent
- Good standard of practical application of literacy and numeracy