Apply for this apprenticeship
Customer Service Apprentice
- Posted on: 08th September 2021
- Location: Northampton NN4
- Salary: £5.12 per hour
GBS Apprenticeships are recruiting for a leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. They are an innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve Gold Standard Investors in people, their values and culture are not just words on their website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes them a fantastic place to work.
Their Private Client Conveyancing Team offers a highly professional conveyancing service deigned to make the process of buying or selling property as efficient and stress-free for their clients.
They remain the largest firm of conveyancing solicitors accredited under the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme. The Conveyancing service provided by their Private Client Practice maintains the same high standards corporate clients have come to expect of them and is consistently commended in national consumer service awards.
You will play a pivotal role in incepting and opening new files for the conveyancing department and provide for the case teams any administration necessary to assist in the smooth progression of transactions. This will include uploading new files onto the case management system, allocating unreferenced post to the correct teams, ensuring filing is kept tidy and accurate, and delivering new files promptly.
As a first point of contact for new customers, you will be given the responsibility to establish and build on the initial relationship and through acquiring knowledge of the conveyancing processes, be able to answer any queries in the early stages. You will be dealing with a range of customers from first-time buyers through to experienced sellers. Therefore, you will need to be able to answer the telephone in a professional manner and refer customers to the relevant team where necessary.
In return, you will be given the opportunity to go through a structured training programme, attending training sessions arranged by the Apprenticeship Provider and the Conveyancing Trainer, completing online courses and shadowing more experienced members of the team.
The Company has an outstanding benefits package; they believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These can include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
- Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
- Up to 25 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to “flex” twice a year – January and July
- “Happy Birthday!” – have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won’t take it from your annual entitlement)
- Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Staff introduction bonus scheme
- Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
The Company is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
£5.12 Per Hour
£12,792 per annum
The Apprenticeship Standard is Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
Reference ID: GBSAF043
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum application requirements are 5 GCSEs of level 5 or above including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literate with experience using Word, Excel and the Internet
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and be able to work on your own initiative
- A-Levels or a level 3 BTEC
- You must be available to work a late shift (11am – 7pm with a half hour break) and Saturdays on a rota basis, time off in lieu will be given for weekend working
- Customer Service experience, e.g. Hospitality, Front of House, Retail
- Office administration experience within the property or financial service sector – e.g. Estate Agents, Mortgage Broker, Building Society etc