Apply for this apprenticeship
Service Desk Engineer Apprentice
- Posted on: 20th September 2021
- Location: Sheffield S25
- Salary: £4.81 per hour
GBS Apprenticeships are recruiting for a major UK based company looking for a 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer apprentice. The successful candidate will be working on desktop/server support as well as other projects. This role will mainly involve working on the helpdesk supporting their remote customers.
About The Role
You will be working within a small team dedicated to support on a variety of operating systems and hardware. This role will involve taking and logging of call’s on to the helpdesk, via telephone or email, so a good telephone manner and written English is crucial.
The nature of the support calls can range from client desktop issues to basic server administration and other deployment projects. A reasonable knowledge of the Windows operating systems is preferable, along with a basic networking understanding, and any other knowledge of IT will be an advantage.
- Taking and logging of calls
- Support all customers’ services in a professional manner
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintain a clean environment and at all times be polite to the customer
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries
- High standard of English is needed as notes on calls are critical to our customers
- Complete work to agreed time scales
- Confident and well-spoken phone manner
- Comply with Health & Safety standards
All employees have a duty to recognise and carry out all safeguarding responsibilities within their role and work within the KCSIE2021 document guidelines.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- Applications Forms/ CV must be full and up to date – gaps will be investigated at interview
- All references will be taken up and referees asked if there is any reason why the candidate shouldn’t hold a post with substantial access to children/vulnerable adults
- Enclose full Job Description in advert
Salary, Contract Term and Employee Benefits
4 weeks holiday
£4.81 per hour
8.30am to 5.30pm
The Apprenticeship Standard is Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Reference ID: GBSAF061
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- 5 GCSE (9*-4/A*-C) (or equivalent) including English and maths
- Good standard of practical application of literacy and numeracy
- Basic understanding of networking (DHCP & DNS particularly)
- Familiarity with office 365 and its applications
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training
- Ability to take direction from supervisor/management an execute works in an efficient manner
- Self Motivation
- Self awareness