Apply for this apprenticeship
Software Developer Apprentice
- Posted on: 08th September 2021
- Location: Colchester CO4
- Salary: £6.00 per hour
GBS Apprenticeships are recruiting on behalf of the UK’s leading property marketing agency who are a part of the Mission Marketing Group. The company is a full-service agency providing complete marketing, advertising and communications; from strategy to execution, all in-house and they have over 30 years’ experience providing innovative sign solutions to major clients across the UK. They offer a truly 21st century approach to marketing. Specialising in property, but working across many industries including automotive, they pride themselves on their versatile and progressive solutions; always drawing on their vast wealth of experience and expertise in the field.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive person to join the Web Team as a Web Developer/Designer apprentice at their head office in Colchester. This role is quite varied which means that the person is required to be inquisitive and responsive to the constantly changing world of the web.
This is a truly outstanding opportunity to join a fantastic Company.
They love being Creative!
Their innovative services include the latest in CGI and digital marketing including websites, touchscreens and iPad apps, bespoke marketing suites, signage and brochures and they have over 20 skilled CGI artists in-house creating stunning photo-realistic images.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing time to make sure work is completed for deadlines.
- Recording time spent on jobs for billing.
- Making sure work is stored in the correct locations and backed up.
- Reviewing Email designs with the design department to make sure they are reproduceable.
- Building HTML Emails from approved designs.
- Working on art graphics so they are suitable for web use.
- Performing website content updates.
- Liaising with client services to get all required content from them.
- General administration tasks.
- Completing training.
Some of these responsibilities will not be required immediately and training will be given in order to work towards taking on and assisting with larger web development projects.
Salary and contract term
40 hours per week, 9am till 6pm Monday to Friday.
1 hour unpaid lunch break.
Salary: £6:00 per hour
The Apprenticeship Qualification Standard: Level 3 Software Development Technician
COVID-19 considerations are in place such as Temperature Screenings, Social Distancing, Masks and Hand Sanitiser.
Reference ID: GBSAF024
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays.)
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Eye Care Scheme.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme, available following three months’ continual service.
- 5 GCSE (9*-4/A*-C) (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- Keen interest in software development.
- Good standard of practical application of literacy and numeracy.
- Great IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as Email clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Interest in web technologies.
- Knowledge of WordPress and other content management systems.
- Skilled in using Adobe Creative Cloud applications. i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Possess good communication skills; written and verbal.
- Be able to ensure high quality; error checking is a priority.