Apply for this apprenticeship
Training Manager Apprentice
- Posted on: 11th October 2021
- Location: London W2
- Salary: £12.50 per hour
GBS Apprenticeships are recruiting for a leading world class provider of bespoke outsourced services to the world’s most prestigious global hospitality brands. The company is built on four simple principles: value, quality, reliability and transparency. With each division run by experienced and passionate professionals, their team is wholly committed to continued excellence and high-quality service offerings from day one onwards.
About The Role
The Company is looking for a proactive and adaptable individual to join their growing team. The successful candidate will be undertaking a level 3 Learning and Development Practitioner course and will be responsible for ensuring that room attendants, porters, public area cleaners and supervisors are adequately trained on the job to the standard required.
- Train each room attendant, porter, public area cleaner, supervisor and any other relevant housekeeping staff member so that they are proficient enough to perform the key tasks and duties required
- Ensure some of the key tasks include kettle descaling, shower heads descaling, mattress turning and soft furnishings cleaning
- Carry out refresher training and monitor and record trainees’ aptitude to ensure that they are delivering the expected standards in the time allocated
- Run the department in the Head Housekeeper’s absence
- Check the grooming standards before the start of the shift
- Liaise with HR regarding any relevant issues concerning staff
- Ensure all staff are trained on and fully conversant with all areas of Health & Safety and required training paperwork is completed and signed
- Ensure all staff are trained on and adhere to lost property procedures
- Ensure employees are re-trained when required
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with supervisors
- Assist with ensuring staff have all the necessary equipment needed to perform their duties
- Assist with ensuring all electrical equipment is in good working order and is checked regularly
- Attend daily operations meetings and any other meetings as required
- Complete weekly audits with the Area Manager, where appropriate and action issues
- Make an action plan after the Executive Housekeeper and Area Manager weekly inspection, taking as a starting point the checklist given after the spot checks
- Check and manage productivity
- Assist the Executive Head Housekeeper in ensuring the housekeeping department’s daily operations are planned and run in a smooth manner of the highest standards
- Attend meetings in the Head of Department’s absence
- Identify training and development needs within the department through own observation and communication with the Head of Department
All employees have a duty to recognise and carry out all safeguarding responsibilities within their role and work within the KCSIE2021 document guidelines.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- Applications Forms/ CV must be full and up to date – gaps will be investigated at interview
- All references will be taken up and referees asked if there is any reason why the candidate shouldn’t hold a post with substantial access to children/vulnerable adults
- Enclose full Job Description in advert
Salary, Contract Term and Employee Benefits
Salary: £12.50 Per Hour
Variable hours of work, usually shift work.
5 out of 7 days depending on business needs. Flexibility required to work alternative/additional hours as required, work on weekends and bank holidays.
The Apprenticeship Standard is Level 3 Learning and Development Practitioner
Reference ID: GBSAF071
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- 5 GCSE (9*-4/A*-C) (or equivalent) including English and maths
- Good standard of practical application of literacy and numeracy